Thursday, May 20, 2010

Gluten- and Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yum! I have been craving chocolate chip cookies for so long! I've made some raw versions a few times, and they were good, but really didn't kill the craving... and then I found this recipe. It was already gluten-free, and I easily converted it to dairy-free, with the help of some coconut oil and a Boom Choco Boom bar. These are nice puffy, light cookies, a little nutty and not too sweet. I think they would be nice with a small glass of almond milk. I enjoyed them with a glass of Lactaid (my dairy problems are lactose-related).
Gluten- and Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
In a large bowl, mix your dry ingredients:

2 3/4 cups of almond flour (you can buy it, but I make my own)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda 

Make a well in the dry ingredients, and add to the well:

2 eggs
1/4 cup maple syrup (I think I might add a little extra sweetener next time)
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 Boom Choco Boom bar, broken into chunks
1/2 cup dehydrated coconut

Mix all ingredients well, and scoop by heaping tablespoons onto your prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until they just start to turn golden brown around the edges, and they don't dent when you push on them. They will be shiny and look wet, but when you touch them, they are dry.
Remove from the cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment