Friday, May 28, 2010

Gluten-Free Product Review: PF Chang's

I love PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps. They've been my favorite thing there for years... tonight we tried PF Chang's Gluten Free menu for the first time.
The Chicken Lettuce Wraps were good. They tasted pretty much the same to me as the non-GF version. The only difference was the "special sauce", it was specially marked as Gluten-Free and tasted a little different (and was pre-mixed).
We also tried the Singapore Street Noodles. These are my favorite meal from Asian Cafe & Grill, right down the street from our house (but I doubt they're GF from there!). PF Chang's GF version tasted a little bland to me. I added some curry powder, some GF Tamari Soy Sauce, and a squeeze of lime, and it was better. Dave thought it was a little spicy... I probably added too much curry powder.
Overall, it was pretty much what I expected... and we will probably do PF Chang's Gluten Free menu again for a date night or something. I probably wouldn't order the Singapore Street Noodles if we were going to eat at the restaurant, but if we were doing take out again, I might, since I can easily fix it with a little curry powder.
If I had a little star rating, PF Chang's GF menu would probably score a 3 or 3.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment